Re: [Gnumed-devel] Appointment handling

From: Josiah Carlson
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Appointment handling
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 10:23:45 -0800

Sebastian,

Has it been 5 years already? Wow. As far as I know, there is no
current user of the code.

I've fixed the few obvious errors with the code (2 wrong names (how
embarassing) and the drag/drop destination was off when the window was
scrolled) and updated wiki. The code still seems to be otherwise
working for wxPython 2.8.11 . I don't know about wxPython 2.9 .

The code uses eval/repr to pass data around. That should be switched
to json.loads/json.dumps respectively. The right-click menu only seems
to work on the left grid, I didn't investigate why.

Overall, the bit-rot isn't too bad, and the code isn't horrible (as
far as wxPython goes). It doesn't look to be too bad to integrate, but
I don't know the design or construction of GNUmed, so I also don't
know if it is worth integrating it. I suspect that some of the
splitting code needs to be changed on drop (to pop up a question about
how much time to allocate, and when), but none of it is too bad. I
think it is probably worth at least taking the drag/drop code, or at
least specifying the full behaviors and API (that was one of the
issues I remember from developing it; there wasn't a clear
specification of behaviors, so the current behaviors are more of a
demonstration than anything).

If there are some desired fixes/changes in behavior, I'd be happy to
help. Please CC me on replies, I'm not a subscriber.

Regards,
 - Josiah