Re: [Gnumed-devel] Appointment handling

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Appointment handling
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 10:22:19 +0100

After some research here are two potential solutions for appointment handling
in GNUmed without reinventig the wheel.

a) reuse webbased calendar solution
b) embed it into GNUmed

One contender would be webcalendar, the other one LuxCal.

Webcalendar seems to have a REST-based interface which potentially allows to
manipulate appointments programatically.

LuxCal author is fairly responsive with regards to creating an interface to
manipulate appointments programatically.  LuxCal supposedly could be configured
in a way that is uses credentials for the GNUmed (pg-based users) so each user
has their own calendar (appointments)

There are other benefits to reusing webbased solutions such as they could be
integrated with a webbased GNUmed client, accessed independently of GNUmed via
webbrowser and from compatible tools (such as iCal compatible apps)

To actually have this embedded into GNUmed we would have to wait for wxpython
2.9.x on Linux. On Windows I could upgrade packages to wxpython 2.9.x anytime.

I essensence this means if anyone is interested in pursuing coding this up (or
having it coded) let me know.

Sebastian