Re: [Gnumed-devel] Hot key for abbreviation

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Hot key for abbreviation
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 15:45:54 +0100

Hello Vaibhav,

> Can we have a hot key for capturing a template.
>
> Eg. 'this text forms a new template'. To save this as a
> template, I select it and press a hot key say f2. A pop up
> menu asks for the abbreviation . We enter !template to save.

Go to

        GNUmed / Master data / Manage lists / Keyword based text expansion
macros

Of course, there's no hotkey but you can always cut and
paste the text you just wrote into the macro editor.

Also, both X and KDE (and I'm sure GNOME does too) provide
this and I'm sure there's lots more sophisticated software
to do that.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de