Re: [Gnumed-devel] Estimated age

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Estimated age
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 09:26:06 +0100

> Many countries will have population which is not aware of dob.

That's why we eventually made it possible to enter patients w/o DOB.

> Therefore,
> if we put estimated age as a demographic optional parameter with
> calculations of further age from estimated year, it should be very useful.

The estimated age can already be documented as, say, a comment.

What you are saying is that we might want to optionally add
a *computable* .estimated_age field which stores an interval.

Maybe we just add a .dob_is_estimated field next to the .dob field.