Re: [Gnumed-devel] estimated dob

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] estimated dob
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 23:03:59 +0100

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 09:44:10PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

>       about 1 month old
>
> or    about 3 months old
>
> or    about 6 months old

Well, so just enter a DOB which is

        about 1 month

        about 3 months

        about 6 months

back in time ??  I mean, this should be acceptably hard to
establish, no ?

You can *still* set the .estimated flag.

> Now maybe some people (Liz?) will say it is important for
> "fake" dates of birth to be recognizably different from
> "real" dates of birth

They are. They have the .estimated flag set.

> 3) even when it is known in a praxis that a DOB is uncertain, there exists no
> routine way
>       to communicate in a letter or report that the enclosed DOB is "fake"
>       nor the degree of (in)accuracy in the estimate

In case .estimated is True any placeholder involving the DOB
will, of course, include the ~ sign.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de