[Gnumed-devel] New patient address Search in future 1.2

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] New patient address Search in future 1.2
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 21:07:24 +0000

Back around Nov 22, I posted a screenshot of what I had hacked in the panel

        wxgNewPatientEAPnl.py

but it was painful to do it and -- even with the hacking -- I could not see how tab order was determined. What I ended up with did not correspond to my new placement of the fields on the screen.

Would it be possible, in release 1.2 to:

(1) (at minimum) supply the client with a second i.e. alternate file, perhaps

        wxgNewPatientEAPnlAlt.py

which users could rename to

        wxgNewPatientEAPnl.py

in which the default positioning and sequence would be:

        Search existing
        Number | Unit
        Street
        Community
        Region
        Country
        Postal code

or

(2) (even better) supply the above as a settable Preference under

        Preferences > User interface > Person …

adding the option

        Address input

where the options could be

        Postal, Street, Number, Unit ...

        Number, Unit, Street ... Postal

and GNUmed would save which one to "call" during new person registration?

-- Jim