Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.2-to-be (git) feedback

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.2-to-be (git) feedback
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 14:37:07 +0000

Still in regard to the overview, the Contacts panel lists the address elements in a non-standard order.

I suggest that while GNUmed supports only a single order, it may better be

        Zip/Postal, Street, Number/Unit, Location, Region, Country

to match the person registration panel.

I am of two minds about "type" because while it is positioned last in the person registration widget, it is positioned first in the Contacts *display* and IMO this is preferable. In fact, I suggest that in the person registration widget, it would be natural to position first (but accept to have it last, because to put it first would break the flow of "Search existing").

As soon as GNUmed would support an alternate address format, then it could populate the overview Contacts display with that alternate format

        Type: Number Street [, Unit], Location, Region, Country

-- Jim