Re: [Gnumed-devel] Structured input form

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Structured input form
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 22:30:13 +0200

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 06:47:14PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> It seems that the desire is to easily and efficiently
> input for each patient, in a consistent way, one or more
> pieces of information *other* than narrative.

That seems prudent.

> These pieces of information can represent
>
>       - history of some event, like a procedure or vaccination or

We already have that.

>  an exposure

I would document that as either

- a substance intake
- a history item
- an allergy item
- a patient tag

>               - the event could have been point in time or an interval

The above offer various levels of documenting that.

>       - history of a "state" like being "test-positive" or "exposure
> positive" for something

Here, a history item or patient tag come to mind.

>       - measurements

We do have that already.

> and maybe the use case is to be able to define in the back end a place to
> support each from an element of key triplets like
>
>       category of thing
>       kind of thing within category
>       value of thing (name value or numeric value options and input)
>
> and a dialog (window) or plugin in which the user can be offered one or
> several such "triplets" to fill in.

Despite my suggestions above I can understand the perceived
value. I would want to see a few more concrete use cases to
get a better feel for it.

> And / or, it could be supportable in a patient with heart failure to record
> and display a dozen sets (this could be a "CHF cluster")
>
>       smoking status
>       cholesterol status
>       HbA1c
>       BMI
>       Weight
>       Height
>       status of hypertension
>       status of coronary artery disease
>       status of valvular heart disease
>       status of ventricular function
>       clinical severity (class) of heart failure
>       clinical severity (class) of angina
>
> but in another patient to support a different set.

In a way this can already be done with patient tags.

The idea of "automatic tags" has been floating around my
mind but I haven't wrapped my head around a sound design
proposal.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de