Re: [Gnumed-devel] Overview - make white space active? Re: GNUmed 1.2.rc

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Overview - make white space active? Re: GNUmed 1.2.rc1 Release Candidate
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 23:22:03 +0200

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 04:19:10PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> >> ... what is intended to appear to the right of the colon (:) above?
> >
> > It sort of serves to show that the label + interval *apply*
> > to what follows (the panel). Given that none of the other
> > labels show a colon it is probably not well conceived.
>
> Actually the labels do show a colon, it is the separation
> from the text that causes the problem.

Oh, OK. Is there a suggestion for improvement ?

> Coming back now to the overall label name, what about
>
>       Chart and patient activity:

I like "activity". What about

        Care activity:
        Care events:
        Care:
        Activity:

>       (interval filter: [          ])
>
> thus
>
>       Chart and patient activity:     (interval filter: [          ])

We need something to point out that the filter only ever
extends backwards from *now*. One cannot choose an arbitry
interval.

> because this would make more clear that it is a user input
> area...

Well, it being a white rectangle (like any other user input
field within GNUmed) readily receiving focus, showing a
prompt, and happily echoing typed characters I dare say
makes it abundantly clear, no ?

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de