Re: [Gnumed-devel] Advance directives (DNR, Do not resuscitate)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Advance directives (DNR, Do not resuscitate)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 01:02:52 +0200

As for DNR I recommend a tattoo if one is serious about it.

OTOH there's a non-permanent stamp one is to re-apply
every 5 days or so.

> I suppose an advance directive might get stored under
>
>    Identity > Comment
>
> or
>
>    Social network > Emergency notes

Both seem prudent as they get displayed fairly prominently.

Another option is a visual patient tag.

Personally, I've got a scan of my advance directive stored
as a document in GNUmed.

> A similar question came up when I was thinking about a patient who,
> whether a Jehovah's witness or a Christian Scientist, may desire to
> avoid being given blood products.

This strongly sounds like a visual tag: A crossed out bag of blood.