Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re : Repetitive entry

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re : Repetitive entry
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 19:57:46 +0000

On 2012-05-15, at 1:55 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

> We have something like this for pacemaker follow up. We can select from a
> list
> of previous follow up, press copy and get all the old values filled in.

Are you talking about some system *other* than GNUmed?

> Let me tell you that this constantly leads to errors since data gets copied
> not just one tab but multiple sub-tabs. Omission to change all ocurences is
> common.

Precisely why I am very uncomfortable with pasting information which may (now)
be unconfirmed and, worse, wrong and which may by inevitable human error fail
to be suitably edited.

I would be very worried about automating this.

It is currently possible, in the bottom left display area of the Notes area, to
efficiently select/copy/paste (using the mouse) the most recent physical exam
into a notelet 'O' row.

I recognize that if the user had threaded (split) the previous exam findings
into the "O" of separate notelets, it cannot be done all at once. However any
exam that contains a lot of detail will likely find itself in whichever notelet
was being reassessed at the new visit.

-- jim