Re: [Gnumed-devel] Placeholder for past history

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Placeholder for past history
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 20:59:46 +0000

On 2012-05-16, at 1:06 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> You are becoming the LaTeX Geek In Residence :-)

Often by trial and error and checking documentation but I suppose that it a way
to learn.

> Personally, I am always rather wary of changing package
> defaults regarding spacing et al since there's a lot of
> detailed typographic knowledge going into that by the
> various package authors.

Quite right. I shall have to eventually figure out whether such commands as

        \setlist{noitemsep}

are active only for the current list, or whether they newly set the mode for
the remainder of the document (until again changed).

if the latter, then some way to be able to 'unset' or 'set back to whatever was
the fault" would of course be attractive.

-- jim