Re: [Gnumed-devel] 1.2 rc4

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] 1.2 rc4
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 23:23:37 +0000

It will be nice to have an official release... I am only just wondering if
there is a missing bug that accounts for why I could not merge 2 patients.

It has happened already three or four times that I wrongly relied on memory in
deciding that I did not already create a patient in my shadow GNUmed database
to not lose time to search for the person, only to later find out I was wrong.

Would anybody object to a prompt that catches when a person to-be-created
appears suspiciously like a person who already exists in the database?

I am thinking that a match on

        last name, first name, dob

and maybe

        last name, first initial, gender, dob

Would be reasonable to prompt the user to say

        Person " foo " already exists.

                [ Go to ]  [ Create new person ]

??

-- Jim