Re: [Gnumed-devel] Concurrent connections on the same patient

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Concurrent connections on the same patient
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 13:54:36 +0200

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 01:23:19PM +0200, Slappinjohn wrote:

> > I am sure you are right - can you provide screenshots of
> > what happens in order plus a corresponding log file so I can
> > figure out what seems to be going on ?
>
> here they are...

Sorry, I was wrong. One needs to start with

        --override-schema-check

rather than --debug

$> man gnumed:

GNUmed(1)

GNUmed(1)

NAME
       GNUmed - an electronic MEDICAL record software for GP offices

       This is not fully featured yet. Use at your own risk.  You have been
warned.

SYNOPSIS
       gnumed  [--quiet|debug] [--slave] [--text-domain=TEXTDOMAIN]
[--log-file=FILE] [--conf-file=FILE] [--lang-gettext=LANGUAGE] [--ui=UI-TYPE]
[--override-schema-
       check] [--local-import] [--help] [--version] [-V] [-h|?]

DESCRIPTION
       GNUmed is a solution for keeping safe and medically sound electronic
records on a patient's health. It primarily focuses on GP offices. It is
released  under
       the GPL.

       GNUmed  is  written  in  Python with wxPython/wxWindows. Data is stored
in a PostgreSQL database. Multiple clients can work with the same database at
the same
       time.

OPTIONS
       --quiet
              Be extra quiet and show only _real_ errors in the log.

       --debug
              Pre-set the [debug mode] checkbox in the login dialog which
controls increased verbosity in the log file.

              Useful for, well, debugging :-)  Slower, too.

       --slave
              Pre-set the [enable remote control] checkbox in the login dialog
to enable the XML-RPC remote control feature.

       --hipaa
              Enable HIPAA features with user workflow impact.

              Those features which do not affect the workflow of the user are
permanently enabled.

       --text-domain=TEXTDOMAIN
              Set this to change the name of the language file to be loaded.
Note, this does not change the directory the file is searched in, only the name
of  the
              file  where  messages  are loaded from. The standard textdomain
is, of course, "gnumed.mo". You need only specify the base name of the file
without the
              .mo extension.

       --log-file=FILE
              Use this to change the name of the log file. The default log file
would be <~/.gnumed/gnumed.log>.

       --conf-file=FILE
              Use configuration file FILE instead of searching for it in
standard locations.

       --lang-gettext=LANGUAGE
              Explicitly set the language to use in gettext translation. The
very same effect can be achieved by  setting  the  environment  variable  $LANG
 from  a
              launcher script.

       --ui=UI-TYPE
              Explicitely set the user interface type. Omitting this argument
will default the interface to wxPython.

              Valid values are:

                   web: CherryPy web client

                   wxp: wxPython Python client (default)

       --override-schema-check
              Continue loading the client even if the database schema version
and the client software version cannot be verified to be compatible.

       --skip-update-check
              Skip checking for client updates. This is useful during
development or when the update check URL is unavailable.

       --local-import
              At  startup adjust the PYTHONPATH such that the GNUmed client is
run from a local copy of the source tree rather than from a proper system-wide
instalā€
              lation.

       --version, -V
              Show version information about the GNUmed client and the database
it needs.

       --help, -h, or -?
              Well, show this help.

ENVIRONMENT
       LANG, LC_MESSAGES, etc.
              See gettext(1) for how the various locale related environment
variables work.

FILES
       ~/etc/gnumed/gnumed-client.conf
              The system-wide configuration file.

       ~/.gnumed/gnumed.conf
              The user-specific configuration file.

       ~/.gnumed/gnumed.log
              The default log file.

SEE ALSO
       http://wiki.gnumed.de
              Detailed Wiki-style documentation

       http://www.gnumed.org
              Users' website

       http://www.gnumed.de
              German website

       http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gnumed
              Mailing list home

       http://gitorious.org/gnumed
              Source code repository (Git)

       /usr/share/doc/gnumed/
              Local documentation

       man -k gm-*
              List man pages on gm-* commands.

       gettext(1)

BUGS
       A lot of functionality is still missing. However, to make up for that,
we deliver a plethora of bugs for your amusement :-)

       Use at your own risk. You have been warned. Take proper backups !

Manual for GNUmed
2011 May 10th
GNUmed(1)

--