Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed future billing concepts 'invoicing' and 'bille

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed future billing concepts 'invoicing' and 'billed'
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 10:13:56 +0200

On Saturday, July 07, 2012 09:39:37 AM Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 07, 2012 at 05:23:01AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> > Presently, 'invoicing' involves

> > (b) it may be helpful to be able to designate, within

> > GNUmed, some responsible party (payor) other than the

> > patient. This can be a family member, or a friend who exists

> > in GNUmed, or it could be a non-person such as an

> > organization, such as an insurer

> I will not implement further billing functionality in the

> foreseeable future.

To put this in perspective for future reference. It still is believed that actin on billable items (e.g. producing an invoice) is best done outside GNUmed.

GNUmed will make sure it delivers any information it can to said third party application so *that* application has every information it needs to *act* on the provided billable items.

This means Karsten decided not to allocate more of his ressources to this problem for now. This however does not mean he cannot be asked for providing help to anyone else extending the current functionality.

So if anyone wants step in please do so.

@ Jim. Thanks for making us aware of the current limitations. Please file this with launchpad as wishlist bug as it certainly is important.

I wonder if we are in a state where we should contact the folks from ledgersmb once again.

Sebastian