Re: [Gnumed-devel] Notes plugin improvement

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Notes plugin improvement
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 20:35:13 +0200

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 10:26:48PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> There is a risk of inadvertently mis-entering threaded information (i.e.
> under the wrong tab) in the situation where
>
> (a) multiple notelet tabs are open, and
>
> (b) the problem which is highlighted and in-focus, on the
> left-sided list, creates a mistaken mental impression and
> assumption (if one is not very careful) that one's text
> entries over on the right sided notelet SOAP notes are being
> inputted under the correct notelet.

They are. However, that may not be the one one may think.

The left hand side is intended as a lookup area. Doctors may
want to look up notes related to *other* threads while
working on the current thread.

This will become more apparent when we add lookup of *other*
types of information on the left lower panel
(vaccs/tests/...) - which is going to take us closer to
Richard Space.

> It is already the case that a *double* click on a left-sided list item will
>
> (1) open a problem-related notelet on the right side, if one is not already
> open and
> (2) if such a notelet already exists, to bring it into the foreground
>
> So I am wondering… is it manageable and agreed useful to
> chain the left problem and the right notelet, such that
> (provided a notelet already exists) then a setting focus on
> a left-side problem will being the related right-sided
> notelet into the foreground?

While manageable it carries a similar risk: people might
enter information into another notelet having been raised by
looking up information.

All in all I don't see a penultimate advantage of one
approach over the other. Doing it the way described above
would take away flexibility, though. I agree people should
be careful when writing notes.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de