Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medications plugin - columns

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medications plugin - columns
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 21:40:45 +0000

On 2012-09-06, at 2:13 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 11:13:40PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> Presently *absent* from the display are the columns
>>
>>      Preparation (helpful to here specify the use of an unbranded "long
>> acting" form)
>>
>>      Aim (helpful to remind what explanation if any we gave the patient as
>> for the Aim).
>
> True.
>
>> requiring me to fake-edit each medication in the list in order to view this
>> information.
>
> Is it not provided in the tooltip ?

Ah, that is so, but all the same there is value to be able to glance (without
having to inspect each tooltip) down a column, even without it displaying the
entirety of the content, just to easily spot which items do contain *any*
value, and which do not.

The use case is ensuring that a patient has been (is being provided) adequate
information. It would be much better to see whether instructions are missing,
than to carefully parse the text of the tooltips and/or  to generate and
inspect a patient instruction sheet printout, only to *then* find that it is
missing items.

-- Jim