Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medication for Brazil

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medication for Brazil
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 18:28:32 -0300

Monocomponent almost done ... but I have a lot of same-name different-dosing meds ... is that alright?

R.

2013/6/26 Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden>
On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 12:21:28AM -0300, Rogerio Luz wrote:

> How do we manage multiple drugs in the same pill (amoxicilin + clavulonate) ?

For the first data pack I would recommend concentrating on
mono-component drugs only because we already have a CSV
importer for that.

Once that's done we can extend that to multi-component ones.

The database can easily handle multi-component drugs.

> How do we manage the concentration of the above.

In GNUmed each component stores a strength.

> Say I have Sodium Cloride (oral) and my strength field is (cherry flavor)
> ... really , not a joke, how to proceed ?

Add it or remove the "drug".

> And gels and ointments ??

They've got a concentration.

> See ... I WILL get this thing into a GNUmed DB :))

:-)

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346