[Gnumed-devel] Method needed for opening (to edit) penultimate LaTex fil

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Method needed for opening (to edit) penultimate LaTex files
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 00:12:46 +0000

Hi there,

Presently, when writing a correspondence in GNUmed, the only methods by which I
know to "interact" with GNUmed are:

- placeholders which allow to pick from lists (problems, episodes, encounters)

- placeholder for free-text input

However, there are multiple situations in which to prefer to visually review
what GNUmed has assembled as "draft" content, before it goes out:

- abbreviations and spelling errors worth to first "proof" in a spell-ckecking
app

- word clusters that need reforming into sentences to make them clearer to an
outside clinician, or the patient (education / explanation), or their case
manager or insurer

- private, or sensitive (or superfluous) content that the consultant does not
need, and may appreciate that we removed

Can we have a way to prompt GNUmed to pause, and offer us (identify to us) the
runN .tex file, which the user can then have a chance to modify before the .tex
file is converted to PDF plus minus sent to th eprinter?

-- Jim