Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - inhouse lab

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - inhouse lab
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 15:26:03 +0000

On 2013-07-10, at 3:08 AM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 08:23:41AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> In any event, it seems that any new 'test types' that I might enter for
>> creation within patient EMR > Add measurement are automatically assigned
>> under the lab
>>
>>      inhouse lab
>
> Indeed. I have renamed that to "unknown lab" and foregone
> the comment "auto-generated".

Well, it will often not be the case that the lab is 'unknown' … for example, if
I am manually entering a lab result generated elsewhere, often I will very well
know which lab it came from, because I will be entering it from a paper report.

More correct, if we can make the following change, would be instead to

        unassigned lab

>> which I would prefer to rename to
>>
>>      in-praxis
>
> 1.4 supports (requires) a selection of an org as your
> praxis, one unit of which can be a Laboratory. So, with
> "in-praxis" you can be well ahead of the curve.

I can presently (already) create
- 'an' org (which happens to be my praxis) and
- 'an' org_unit (one location where I work)

and I can also designate the latter as a 'Laboratory' although there is a
downside to doing so at the org_unit level (see next email).

>> I am only not sure whether the middleware is currently assigning, to test
>> types newly created via Patient > Add, a value for
>>
>>      clin.test_org = 5
>>
>> or
>>
>>      clin.test_org = (SELECT pk from clin.test_org WHERE fk_org_unit IN
>> (SELECT pk FROM dem.org_unit WHERE description = 'inhouse lab'))
>>
>> which will fail after I would rename 'inhouse lab'
>
> Neither. It will always be "unknown lab" (now). If that is not found it will
> be created.

or, if the winds are with me,

        unassigned lab

-- Jim