Re: [Gnumed-devel] jl-gui - access to log tables

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] jl-gui - access to log tables
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 15:32:43 +0000

On 2013-08-22, at 11:38 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 10:03:47PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> I ***only*** do not know about the decision that clin_when may not be null.
>
> I clearly stated which solutions I agree with and which I don't.

I know.

The "not knowing" was in reference to where, a line earlier, I had written
"just about fully satisfied".

I had written that in deference, as I had appreciated (and still do) the
fullness of your responses.

The "not knowing" was more about whether I was fully satisfied (which I am not)
than a lack of knowledge of positions.

But we are the stage that it is beside the point.

>> This would be technically easy.
>
> Doing so, yes. It is also easy to burn your house. Dealing
> with the consequences is not. And no, I am NOT going to
> think through the consequences now, as I have said several
> times.

Are these consequences technical or clinical?

This feels to me an appeal to fear over some unspecified boogeyman.

I still maintain that by making medication management tempting to use, as part
of an EMR that is getting closer to meeting most needs – but only by obligating
the input of dates started that are known, in at least some cases, to be
unreliable and most likely wrong, all justified by a supposed – but unstated –
clinical boogeyman, GNUmed is here doing the opposite of what it claims to do …
to refuse to implement "bad clinical design".

It is hard to construe it as anything or than benevolently-intended
dictatorship.

However, if the objective has been to cause me to desist, it has succeeded.

-- Jim