Re: [Gnumed-devel] Placeholders templates, and %s

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Placeholders templates, and %s
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 20:56:39 +0000

On 2013-08-29, at 1:45 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 08:11:38PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> Is
>>
>>      <%(fields)s-template>
>>
>> as listed with placeholders
>>
>>      patient_comm
>>      patient_tags
>>
>> the same as
>>
>>      <something %s something>
>
> No.
>
> %s doesn't refer to any field of the GNUmed class/table
> delivering the replacement data.

I suppose I am confused, unless you were simply treating %s as insufficient
because %s needs to be wrapped around one or more fields as

        %(field)s

… except that the source file itself uses the expression

        something %s something

and so … is <%(fields)s-template> merely

        <something %(field)s something else>

or is <%(fields)s-template> still different in some way that I do not yet grasp?

-- Jim