Re: [Gnumed-devel] 'Add' of a new encounter - failure to update pop-up a

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] 'Add' of a new encounter - failure to update pop-up and also how to undo?
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 13:22:33 +0200

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 11:53:13AM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > Except the newest encounter does not appear in the upper
> > right pop-up list.
>
> It does not *immediately* appear in the encounters
> list from which the "Add" had been invoked. That's
> due to the edit area having been "Cancel"ed (despite
> the encounter having been created beforehand for other
> reasons). Re-invoking the encounters list (button [L]
> or via EMR -> edit/add -> encounters) does show the
> new unwanted encounter.

In order to not violate the POLA I modified the
code to dutifully tell the list about the
encounter having been created regardless of
CANCEL or SAVE having been pressed. That way
the user will at least see The Truth.

Actually, wait, even if we pre-create an encounter
we can still re-delete it in case CANCEL was
pressed.

(This required implementing locking the per-session active
 encounter against deletion which is a good idea anyway.)

This also allowed for an explicit DELETE being
added to the encounters list.

Voila :-)

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de