Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed HL7 import

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed HL7 import
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 07:46:05 +0000

On 2014-08-06, at 2:47 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

GNUmed now has rudimentary HL7 lab results import. Here's how
it works (all manually ATM), in a rough overview:

- select "unwrap XML to HL7" if needed

this extracts HL7 from CDATA attributes of XML nodes

- select "stage HL7 file"

this takes an HL7 file, splits it up into
single-MSH/single-PID files, and stores those files into
clin.incoming_data_unmatched along with a copy of the
import log in the .comment

- select "browse incoming data"

this exports one row from clin.incoming_data_unmatched
and tries to import it into a patient chart,

if there is a value in .pk_identity_disambiguated it will
use that patient, regardless of what the HL7 data says

(currently we don't have a way to set that field yet
however, the browser displays the identifying information
such that a missing patient can be created)

if there is no value in that field it will ask whether
to use the active patient (if there is one)

on failure it will update the .comment field of the
incoming data entry, the incoming entry can be viewed
(data and comment) from the incoming data browser

on success it will delete the incoming_data entry (the
data is now in clin.test_result et alii), the hl7 data
file will be appended (as a new part) to a document "hl7
data" in the patient's document archive and a note about
the import (lab & no+date of results & import file) is
added to the patient chart as an administrative entry

Rough but works.

Now GNUmed needs to be thrown at with loads of HL7 files for
testing. If people care to provide files I'd be glad to test.
I'll push this to the Git repo tomorrow.

Most likely the archive is unable to associate new replies (such as mine today) with the last prveious reply and thread now 5 months old.

Nevertheless, I did tonight try

- select "unwrap XML to HL7" if needed

with one of the test files earlier supplied

1 QA 201012 HL7 2.3.xml

and was presented with the attached handled exception dialog … whereas it had been suggested in a reply on August 15 that the test files that I had supplied had been able to be imported. So … just wondered whether some adjustment to the file is required before it can be imported under the current client 1.5.2

Tools > Lab results

menus?

-- Jim