Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed HL7 import - patient association or creation

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed HL7 import - patient association or creation
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 22:34:03 +0000

On 2015-01-21, at 2:15 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

>       dto = gmPerson.cDTO_person()
>       dto.firstnames = pat_fname
>       dto.lastnames = pat_lname
>       dto.gender = HL7_GENDERS[PID[PID_gender][0]]
>       dob = time.strptime(PID[PID_dob][0], '%Y%m%d')
>       dto.dob = pyDT.datetime(dob.tm_year, dob.tm_mon, dob.tm_mday, tzinfo =
> gmDateTime.gmCurrentLocalTimezone)

Are the minimum match requirements reflected by ALL of the following dto.

        firstnames
        lastnames
        gender
        dob

meaning that whatever values would exist for these in the GNUmed patient record
will have to match what is is the HL7 PID ?

IOW if the patient (in GNUmed) has a middle name, but did not supply it to the
lab then based on the current code will there fail to be a match?

And does the existing code somewhere else already take into account (forgive)
variations in upper / lower case or has that yet to be added (which I think is
both reasonable and arguably essential).

-- Jim