Re: [Gnumed-devel] Dynamic hint suppression

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Dynamic hint suppression
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 21:22:39 +0100

> 1. Will "suppression" suppress the given dynamic hint generally (i.e. for all
> patients, unless re-enabled)
> or is this dialog meant > to suppress it only for this patient?

This patient only.

> 2. What about the option to suppress a hint for a period of time?

This may be added at some point.

> However there are other patients for whom it may be both tempting (and
> reasonable) to suppress a hint until such time
> as a patient has had something else addressed. My concern is the absence of
> any later prompt for re-evaluation of
> whether the dynamic hint should be re-enabled.

Hints will get re-enabled under several conditions already:

- when the hint condition stops to apply (such that it will re-appear should
  the condition re-apply)

   think: hint to have PAP smear based on whether PAP smear has been documented,
   patient comes, hint is shown, hint is suppressed because patient relates
   appointment for pap smear two weeks hence, three weeks later patient returns,
   relates "normal PAP" which is documented, hence PAP hint does not apply
anymore
   until "normal PAP" is, say, two years old (which depends on the hint
definition),
   so suppression is cancelled (but hint does not appear until it re-applies in
   two years time

- when the hint has changed any existing suppressions are disregarded

> In place of going to the trouble to have a user pre-specify some future
> unknown date when a hint should be re-enabled, would
> it be feasible for the Overview plugin to query the existence of any
> suppressed hints for the current patient and list them
> in the Reminders pane with lowest priority, beneath
>
> - unreviewed (abnormal) results
> - unreviewed documents
> - unreviewed (normal) results
>
> and, in the event that more than one hint is suppressed, to trim and
> concatenate the first several characters or first word of each?
>
> Of course, if nothing was suppressed, I would not bother to display
> "suppressed:" by itself.
>
> See second screen shot mockup.

OK, that seems like a reasonable approach.

> Would this also be a suitable place to enable to un-suppress a hint, because
> AFAICT there exists no way (yet) to achieve this except > through the backend.
>
> PS I noticed that, once "suppressed", the hint query fails to notify the user
> despite that the query listed in GNUmed > Master data > Manage lists makes no
> obvious reference to such suppression, so presumably taken care of by the
> program logic.

To view suppressions/unsuppress go to EMR / add+edit / hint suppressions