Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problem with stripping performed by the LaTex generat

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problem with stripping performed by the LaTex generator?
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 16:25:45 +0000

On 2015-02-06, at 6:33 AM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

I am hard pressed to believe that.

GNUmed does not escape anything that already exists (= is
hardcoded) in the template (except maybe inside the pretty
much obsolete tex_escape placeholder). GNUmed only ever
escapes _data_ it passes _into_ the template by way of
placeholder replacement. I wouldn't bet my life on convoluted
ways of nesting placeholders, though.

Can you show the template which exhibits the behaviour you
are describing ?

The snippet is

\lhead{\scriptsize
VGH Internal Medicine Outpatient Clinic\\
Supplemental progress notes}
\chead{ }
\rhead{\raggedleft \scriptsize
$<lastname::::>$, $<title::::>$ $<firstname::::>$\\
born $<date_of_birth::%d %b %Y::>$ \\
MRN: $<external_id::MRN Medical Record Number//BC.CA_VCHA::>$
}

but the interesting thing is that the errant PDF output affects only about half of the six patients against whose records I have run the report.

The weird thing is that even in the case of the errant output, the backslashes had been preserved in the run2.tex files and I can see no difference in the appearance of the code as compared, say, to this extract from the run2.tex of Spock (of whose rank I am unsure, hence the question mark, and he lacks an MRN) :

\pagestyle{fancy}
\fancyhf{} % clear defaults / previous style definitions
\lhead{\scriptsize
VGH Internal Medicine Outpatient Clinic\\
Supplemental progress notes}
\chead{ }
\rhead{\raggedleft \scriptsize
Spock, Capt. ?\\
born 25 Mar 1931 \\
MRN:
}

which yields the attached screenshot in the header. In the case of the "problem" cases, the left header consists of the two strings run together on a single line, and the same is true in the right header, with respect to its three elements.

-- Jim