[Gnumed-devel] ImportError: No module named psycopg2

From: Holger Patzelt
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] ImportError: No module named psycopg2
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 10:39:32 +0100

Hi folks,

I have a MacBook Pro with Yosemite.

As we Plan to use gnumed for some business, I wanted to give it a try on my
MacBook.
But unfortunately no matter what install-method I try i end up with:

 ./gm-from-vcs.sh
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
Running from Git branch:
Faulthandler not available ...
Running from local source tree (/Users/hop2005/gnumed-client.1.5.4) ...
Adjusting PYTHONPATH ...
Faulthandler not available ...
.========================================================
| Unhandled exception caught !
| Type : <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
| Value: No module named psycopg2
`========================================================
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gnumed.py", line 623, in <module>
    from Gnumed.pycommon import gmI18N, gmTools, gmDateTime, gmHooks
  File "/Users/hop2005/gnumed-client.1.5.4/Gnumed/pycommon/gmDateTime.py", line
50, in <module>
    import psycopg2                                             # this will go
once datetime has timezone classes
ImportError: No module named psycopg2

I DO have it installed in more than one way now.

eg.: sudo port install py26-psycopg2 +postgresql84

any hints??