gnump3d-devel

Re: [Gnump3d-devel] searching by tag

From: Adam DiCarlo
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-devel] searching by tag
Date: 01 Nov 2003 15:47:21 -0600

Steve Kemp <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 11:20:23AM -0600, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>
> > Ok, I'll go that way then.
>
>   Coolbeans :)

Here you go.

Bugfixes:

 - remove some references to /last/ (should be /recent/)

 - searching by genre fixed

 - searching with no genre or search term specified gives an error
   rather than all tracks

 - quieten gnump3d, unless DEBUG

 - minor install fix (ln -sf)

Enhancements:

 - searching by artist, album, song title or year

> > If I make this change do I have to mess with all the different themes
> > too?
>
>   Not directly, the only think that you'll need to touch is the code
>  to process the search; and at least one of the templates.
>
>   If you modify the search code I'll happily spend the time to update
>  the rest of the themes.

Ok... I only messed with default/search.html.  I figured we should at
least get consensus on the way I did it before rolling it all the way
out.

>   You will only need to change the form layout in templates/*/search.html,
>  and optionally the matching results page - if you wish to change the
>  way the results are laid out.

I didn't mess with results.

>   (I've thought it might be nice to duplicate the search form on the
>  results page in the form of a "search again" section, but nobody ever
>  said anything about it so I figured it wasn't a high priority change).

Yeah. E.g., 'revise search' I guess.  That might take a little
refactoring of the code somewhere down the line since if it sees terms
it thinks it should do a search.

Note this patch doesn't include previous patch.

--
.....Adam Di address@hidden<URL:http://www.debian.org/>