gnump3d-users

[Gnump3d-users] Windows Media Player 10 problems

From: Jeff Beaird
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] Windows Media Player 10 problems
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 18:47:39 -0600

Unfortunately, I deleted previous posts about Media Player 10, so am starting a new thread.

I am seeing a certain amount of strangeness with .m3u files served by gnump3d, which I think is limited to WMP 10. Songs play for a minute and a half, or so, and then WMP visualization stops and the track timer stops counting. The song continues to play, however.

Also, if the .m3u file contains links to multiple tracks, clicking on a track other than the first one results in an "opening media" message in the WMP status bar, after which it freezes, and has to be killed via the task manager.

Nothing strange shows up in the logs. Actually, attempts to retrieve subsequent tracks don't ever seem to make it to the server--nothing in the access or error logs. I have been curious about the number of 410 http status instances in my gnump3d access logs, however.

I don't know if these problems are going to be limited to files served by gnump3d, but I thought they were worth noting.

I'm running gnump3d 2.8 from official debian packages on debian sarge.

Thanks,
--
Jeff Beaird
Buswell Memorial Library