gnump3d-users

[Gnump3d-users] Need UserAgent information

From: peterg
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] Need UserAgent information
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:00:19 +0000 (GMT)

Dear List,

I'm running a copy of GNUMP3d on a wirelessly-enabled web server (it's
a long story) and wonder if anyone has tried to access a server via a
PDA ?  I'm trying to set up my copy so that it's user-friendly to both
laptop users and PDA users. Obviously the laptop folk are easy to cater
for and once I have my templates tidied up I'll post the "Club Nomad"
theme, but as you can imagine I'm having some fun/problems with PDAs.

I have the server configured to "always_stream = 1" as .m3u's are the
way to go, especially when bandwidth is limited.  On my Sony Clie TJ37
however, the NetFront web browser doesn't know what to do with .m3u's
so I have to ensure that I go to tagbrowse(?) and download the MP3 file
itself. I can then save this to a memory stick and play the downloaded
track.

What I need to know is, if anyone is using a PDA or even a Pocket PC,
are they able to play a .m3u file directly, or do they have to go
through the "fiddle" just described ? If not I'd welcome some educated
guesses as I don't know many other PDA owners and it's very difficult
to test !

Thanks in advance !

Peter Garner