gnump3d-users

[Gnump3d-users] it's possible to have a demon for dinner?

From: Simone Saravalli
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] it's possible to have a demon for dinner?
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 19:20:43 +0200

Hi all, this is my first post in this mailing list, I appreciate very
much gnump3d, so I've decided to install it in my personal home
server. Perhaps, this server isn't always up, in fact, during the
night I stop it (the computer is too closer to my parents'bedroom
so...). So every time I start it, I have to do a gnump3d --fast from
the command line. In my opinion, for computers always up, or for users
that don't want to type gnump3d --fast to start the server from the
command line every time, a good idea is to create a demon and then to
run it automatically (for example a simple bash script that can be put
in /etc/initd/, for example). I don't know if this is a good idea so,
hints, opinions?
Thanks

Simone Saravalli