gnump3d-users

[Gnump3d-users] running GNUmp3d on WinXP as service using srvany - did a

From: C. Menge
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] running GNUmp3d on WinXP as service using srvany - did anyone succeed?
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 20:38:00 +0100

Hi all (especially the windows users among you :-),

My family liked my music server - now they got one too.
Running on WinXP (yeah, I know... no, linux is no option, I don't want
to answer support calls for the next eight months :-).

It basically works fine, but has the problem to run in a visible shell
window. No problem, I thought - let's use windows-included srvany.exe
and run it as a service.

No way. I could run anything I wanted as a service - except GNUmp3d.

Did any of you succeed in doing this?

Oh - and if someone knows how to avoid those random lockups making it
necessary to restart GNUmp3d, go ahead and tell me.
I'd love to put my homebrewn watchdog script out of business :-)

       Cédric

PS: Yeah, I know I could use the program mentioned in the howto on
    gnump3d.org - but I'd prefer not to use external software when an
    on-board-tool should do the trick.