gnump3d-users

Re: [Gnump3d-users] live audio streaming

From: Brandon Kuczenski
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] live audio streaming
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 21:42:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 3 May 2007, Linux Advocate wrote:

i mean live as in..... someone talking into a mike, we
then capture the audio with a sound card and then send
that stream out.

users may click on a link like" Listen To Live Event
Now" or somethink like that....

You want to look at Icecast, a streaming media server. There is another program, darkice, that can be used as a remote client.

http://www.icecast.org/
http://darkice.tyrell.hu/

HTH,
Brandon

--- Marty Huntzberry <address@hidden> wrote:

Do you mean live as in radio live?

I've only used gnump3d to stream pre-recorded mp3
files.