gnump3d-users

[Gnump3d-users] No m3u extension (V2.9 Debian/testing)

From: Freddec Tux
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] No m3u extension (V2.9 Debian/testing)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:32:09 +0100

Hi all
First excuse me for my bad english (i'm french), i hope you'll understand me

I use GnuMp3d on debian/testing since 2 years at my work .

Gnump3d works fine with xmms (and Windows Media Player !!! ;)  ), but xmms is no longer support in Debian...

so i try Audacious...
It works fine with audacious too (good point !) , except with a random selection.

 After some tests, i've seen that:

   - All select methods (random directory, artist or song selection, custom playlist...except random selection) send to the browser a playlist with a m3u  extension (recurse.m3u or 22jrthU.m3u for example). And audacious can play the list.

 - But the Random Selection send a file that is name "play" without the m3u extension, so audacious can't open it.
 If i dowload the playlist in my temp directory (instead of open it) and rename it "play.m3u", so audacious play the random playlist.

Is it a bug in the naming process of the random playlist (forgot the m3u extension) ?
Can i change something myself in a conf file ? (because i often use the random selection).

Thank you for reading me (me and my bad english ;)  )
Fred