[GNUnet-developers] Re: [bug-GNUnet] Static Version

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Re: [bug-GNUnet] Static Version
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 14:15:57 -0500

On Thursday 06 February 2003 03:06 am, you wrote:
> HI
>
> Well, i was talking about ./configure / make.
> RPM didnt work for me because, well, i got all the
> packages installed, but for some reasons it wont find
> them (like openssl for example). And when i install
> new ones RPM says that some other progs i got
> installed need the old ones. Thats the same with some
> other packages. I think this is a Mandrake-specific
> problem.
> Maybe you could try and reduce the number of depencies
> by using at least some static lybraries where
> possible.
>
> Here is the RPM output:
>
> libextractor >= 0.2.0 wird von GNUnet-0.5.1a-0
> gebraucht
>         libcrypto.so.2   wird von GNUnet-0.5.1a-0
> gebraucht

This is OpenSSL and should not really be shipped with GNUnet (huge!).

>         libextractor.so.0   wird von GNUnet-0.5.1a-0
> gebraucht

This dependency is listed twice (.so and rpm), so it's really only one.

>         libgnunetafs_policy.so.0   wird von
> GNUnet-0.5.1a-0 gebraucht

This one is very odd -- it should be supplied *by* the RPM (it should be part
of the GNUnet 0.5.1 rpms). Looks like you just found a bug in the RPM.
I'll release a 0.5.1a-1 with the fix for this dependency.

>         libvorbisenc.so.0   wird von GNUnet-0.5.1a-0
> gebraucht
>         libvorbisfile.so.0   wird von GNUnet-0.5.1a-0
> gebraucht

Another bug. libextractor's build system linked them into libextractor.so
which does NOT need them! Argh. Well, I've just asked Blake to fix the
libextractor build system. That should remove that dependency. When you
install libextractor (rpm), the RPM will still have that dependency. If you
compile libextractor from source, it will detect that these libraries are not
present and not build the extractors for ogg-vorbis (and everything should
work).

> I got libcypto, and the libvorbis stuff
> installed.maybe some symlinks might do the trick.

Maybe. Sometimes just a brute-force "--nodeps" can also do the trick (but not
with the GNUnet-RPM bug above).

Thanks for reporting!

Christian