Re: [GNUnet-developers] Reproduceable failure

From: Igor Wronsky
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Reproduceable failure
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 08:59:07 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Julia Wolf wrote:

>   I've been using 0.5.2 and 0.5.2a for the last month or so, and I've also
> seen the gnunetd proccess steadilly using up more and more memory until
> Linux kills the proccess.

I may have found the source of the problem, as gnunetd has
now run for 8 hours without mem usage growing over 1%. It
seems the problem was that even though OpenSSL's EVP_*Final()
functions were supposed to clear the *ctx after call, the
other one of them wasn't doing it on 0.9.7 (can't remember which
one and ovmj's web server seems to be giving me empty pages today).
I added a manual free'ing.

MySQL random content lookup also had a mem leak, and atleast
that one was introduced by myself. ;)

Both are fixed in CVS, so hopefully for the next version the
mem use will stay nicely put on more systems.

Igor