Re: [GNUnet-developers] Freeway Plugin for XNap

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Freeway Plugin for XNap
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 19:36:29 -0500

On Wednesday 31 March 2004 19:13, Steffen Pingel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> let me introduce myself as one of the lead developers of the XNap project
> (http://xnap.org). XNap is a Java plugin-based P2P framework and client,
> providing a single Swing-based user interface to common P2P protocols.
>
> We have developed a rudimentary Freeway plugin for XNap that is available
> from our cvs. It was pretty straightforward to get the search and download
> code working. It took just about a day.

Wow.

> Thanks for your efforts! we think GNUNet will be a valuable addition to
> XNap. Furthurmore we hope the development of GNUNet can profit from XNap's
> user base in the (near) future.

Well, I'm sure there are GNUnet users that will like a broader choice of user
interfaces :-).

> Are there any plans to release a (stable) version of Freeway that we could
> ship with the plugin (we won't release anything until then)?

I think Stéphane will have to answer this one :-).

> Steffen
>
> P.S.: Is there a dedicated Freeway development list?

Not yet.  Savannah's mailinglist creation was still having problems the last
time I tried.  I'll create a dedicated freeway mailinglist as soon as
possible.  For now, I'd suggest to just use gnunet-developers.

Christian