Re: [GNUnet-developers] GSoC

From: carlo von lynX
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] GSoC
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 11:44:37 +0100

Thanks Martin for the in-depth reply.
Thanks Andrew for the good news that dbus does not do XML all the time.  ;)

I would like to suggest one more GSoC job to submit:

    Fix the following bugs so we can release GNUnet:
        https://gnunet.org/bugs/view.php?id=3994
        https://gnunet.org/bugs/view.php?id=4020
        https://gnunet.org/bugs/view.php?id=4040
        https://gnunet.org/bugs/view.php?id=4001

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 06:35:34PM +0000, hellekin wrote:
> That's the whole API.  All of it.  Then you need to learn about the

Nice summary. Still learning about the "resources" and all their
query parameters *is* learning an API. HTTP merely does a few things
standard, so does SQL, so does TCP, so does SOCKS - but still none of
them do the entire application.

> I guess you should implement pbus and demonstrate it's faster than dbus

If XML is just the interface description language, then I no longer
assume that PSYC would perform better than the underlying binary dbus
or ubus protocols.

> Not a big deal, but the PSYC protocol doesn't take four lines to
> explain.  I think I didn't even read all the wiki pages :)

It's like SMTP or HTTP. You can read books about it, or you can
telnet to it, see how it looks like and start hacking away..
at least concerning syntax. The deeper concepts are complex, but
that's because of the job they address.

--
  E-mail is public! Talk to me in private using encryption:
         http://loupsycedyglgamf.onion/LynX/