[GNUnet-developers] GNUnet copyright assignment (important!)

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet copyright assignment (important!)
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 16:40:20 +0100

Dear GNUnet contributors,

At the last GNUnet e.V. general assembly, all (present) members of
GNUnet e.V. unanimously decided for GNUnet e.V. to attempt to centralize
its copyrights via copyright assignment. [1] The respective proposal(s)
had been reviewed by Richard Stallman and FSFE and found to be compliant
with the spirit of free software.  The developers present at the meeting
also already signed the copyright assignment agreement (PDF attached).

It is important for us to also obtain written agreement from as many
GNUnet contributors as possible.  Therefore, I ask you to print, sign
and mail the attached copyright assignment and then -- if you can -- to
add your name to the "copyrightassignments.txt" [2] file in the
gnunet-ev Git repository where we collect a list of names from which we
have received signatures. While an electronic copy might suffice, we
would strongly prefer to have dead trees. especially from those that
made non-trivial contributions.  Note that you can sign with your
pseudonym if your contributions were made under a pseudonym.

If you have any questions or concerns about the agreements, I'm of
course at your disposal.

Thanks & happy hacking!

Christian
[1] https://gnunet.org/git/gnunet-ev.git/plain/minutes/2016-12-28.txt