[GNUnet-developers] GNUnet hacker meeting: 22.6.-29.6.

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet hacker meeting: 22.6.-29.6.
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2018 22:02:39 +0200

Dear all,

After almost a dozen people at the annual GNUnet e.V. meeting said they
would come to a GNUnet hacker meeting at https://decentrale.ch/, I have
now reserved a slot for us:

         https://openki.net/event/FvSm6dPgDXqAKN8Zp

Staying at decentrale will cost 16 Fairo/day (~ 15 EUR).  You can
reserve your stay here:

       https://synergiehub.ch/reserve-stay.html

(They have 12 slots available *inside* the house, there is space for
tents, but check with address@hidden for non-canonical slots.)

My proposed rough agenda is this (suggestions welcome):

Day 22:
=======
* arrive & cook
* introductions: who are you, what do you hack on?

Day 23:
=======
* Discussion: "GNUnet: The bad" -- a presentation/discussion about
  open/known issues in each of the GNUnet subsystems, by subsystem.
  Bring out your knives, let's have it all out in the open.

Day 24:
=======
* Hackathon: "Fixing by the numbers" -- how many (small) bugs can we
  squash in a day?

Day 25:
=======
* Hackathon: "Now with style" -- automation makes everybody happy,
  so let's find bugs with automation (static analysis, CI)

Day 26:
=======
* Hackathon: "Nobody understands this!" -- so we try it out and improve
  the documentation until we do!

Day 27:
=======
* Experiment: "Magic is happening": Helping the Horizion 2020
  authentication challenge usability study
* Hackathon: "Fixing all the bugs"

Day 28:
=======
* Discussion: "Looking forward" -- discussion on future technical
  directions, funding opportunities and future events

Day 29:
=======
* clean up: see
  https://www.goingnowhere.org/en/generalinfo/leavenotrace
* good bye

Given that we have 12 slots and one small kitchen, it would be great to
have 10 people who really want to code, and maybe one or two who really
want to cook. Note that the kitchen is vegan-only. Oh, and if anyone
comes with a car, please do let me know as you might be abused for
groceries...

Happy hacking!

Christian