Re: [GNUnet-developers] contrib/guix

From: Florian Dold
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] contrib/guix
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2018 17:39:14 +0200

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 4:25 PM Nils Gillmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> could you please document 'contrib/guix' somewhere? I will keep using
> my personal modules which were moved around.

The purpose of the directory is already explained in the README file
in the contrib/guix directory.  Please let me know if I missed something
important!

> I know there was some discussion I was CC'd into a while back, but if
> you want to reach an audience with this module outside of our circle
> documentation is the key in my opinion (in addition to communicating
> it to those concerned).

Moving the guix environment file around was part of cleaning up the
root directory of the source tree.  These things belong into contrib/, as having
one or more config files for each of these build/CI tools becomes really messy
after a while.  Sorry if this broke something for you.

I'm not sure what audience you're referring to.  The files in contrib/guix
are meant to provide us (the developers) up-to-date package definitions to
build GNUnet from the git source tree via Guix.  After a release, they
can be slightly
adjusted and then merged into Guix's GNU distribution.

- Florian