Re: [GNUnet-developers] updates to a namepsace

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] updates to a namepsace
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 08:40:20 +0100

Il giorno mer 13 feb 2019 alle ore 17:23 Christian Grothoff <address@hidden> ha scritto:
On 2/13/19 12:54 PM, Catonano wrote:

You can add additional files under the same _identifier_ and also inform
downloaders about the _next_ (different) identifier that will be used
for "future" versions. But it's a bit tricky, and I've always wondered
about the usability of this feature.  I was thinking of just removing it
in favor of FS URIs published in GNS.

Thank you, Christian.

Let's see if I understand correctly

an identifier identifies a version.

I can add _new files_ to a version.

But if I want to change old files, I need to issue a new version (that is, a new identifier)

Is that correct ?

Thank you again