Re: wrt translating the Satzung

From: sva
Subject: Re: wrt translating the Satzung
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 15:58:21 +0100

Dear all,

On 11/17/19 12:15 AM, Christian Grothoff wrote:
> Well, as long as it is made clear that the translation is in no way
> legally binding and just for convenience, I guess it's OK.

Ack.

> On 11/16/19 8:41 PM, ng0 wrote:

>> Okay, I am aware that this is not possible legally binding but:
>> - people who join GNUnet development have to understand the
>>   Satzung to be aware what they sign up for as developers,
>>   in addition to implied obligations and rights.
>> - having an inofficial, not legally binding, translation of the
>>   document can help non-German native speakers to understand
>>   the Satzung.
I agree that it would be nice to translate and somewhat also needed if
devs need to sign a membership (do they?) Maybe the first parts would be
fine already: like präambel and zweck and such. Not sure if there is a
need to translate the stuff around e.g. MV etc.

>> - Isn't this modeled closely to the CCC eV satzung (I remember
>>   sva guessing this) and this exists bilingual (de/en) iirc.

No english version of CCC satzung exists. If I am wroing, I'd be happy
but I am afraid I would know about it though. This one leads to german
version, too: https://www.ccc.de/en/satzung

Cheers,
sva.