Re: Request for Feedback: new BIO API

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: Request for Feedback: new BIO API
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 00:09:14 +0200

Hi Alessio,

This looks indeed perfect to me, modulo possibly one issue that is
totally unrelated to the design and more like a legacy bug you're copying:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endianness#Floating_point
implies that we should actually also do network byte order conversions
on double and float, instead of copying them 1:1 into the byte stream.
But that is an _existing_ bug in BIO I just noticed while reading your
patch ;-).

Otherwise, very nice. The BIO part is IMO ready, but obviously the rest
of the code needs to be (slightly) adjusted to match the API change
before we can merge this.

Happy hacking!

Christian