Re: Re: New front matter

From: hyazinthe
Subject: Re: Re: New front matter
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2020 21:57:45 +0200

Hello,

> > On 3. Jul 2020, at 18:34, hyazinthe@emailn.de wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >

> > 1st impression:
> > Fantastic. Clear improvement.
> > Engage butten needs to be bigger, adopting same form as every other
> button in the row, in the course of that place icon in 1st row of the button
> and the text Engage right below in the 2nd row of the button, just like it's
> been done in case of the Applications button.
> >
> Thanks.
>
> the text (the icon is also just text) simply breaks line depending on the
> resolution. On my screens, it was always in a single line.
> Should be fixed now hopefully, but button height will still differ on very
> small screens.
>
> BR

Well, it is fixed by now - just as recommended. And it's better like that.

*clicking applications button, getting to
https://stage.gnunet.org/en/applications.html * Oh, awesome, and then all
applications with their distinctive logos! Well, not all, but in general, and
that's a good thing all applications should strife for. That general approach
looks more exciting and conveys so much better, that GNUnet is the frame, the
playing field, and within it for the things we wanna do are the applications,
like players on that field.

But one thing could be made better:
This sub page feels like a dead end street, because it misses the button row of
the previous site from where I came from. It would be better, if the button row
is also on the sub pages, but the respective button in that row linking to that
sub page respectively greyed out or so. In other words: Main page, all buttons
blue, application sub site, all buttons blue, except the application button,
which is greyed out or anyhow else different than the other buttons, to show,
that the target of the application button is already reached by looking at this
specific sub page.

And regarding the main page logo evaluation of Nikita:
Twitter bird? Striking point. It's because the general design approach for this
icon class 'GNUnet solution' - simple, bright blue - let's every bird silouette
look like the twitter bird - unless: One could use a dove with a small tree
branch in its mouth. This way the freedom icon would build up enough difference
to the twitter logo to not revoke this association.

Aside of that I made a round thinking about how the logos could be better, but
I couldn't come up with anything better.

Bastian Schmidt