Re: printf-like output for gnunet-search

From: carlo von lynX
Subject: Re: printf-like output for gnunet-search
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 13:12:00 +0100

Thank you, madmurphy! I think several of the gnunet
CLI tools need improvements of this kind, actually.
I vaguely remember doing similar edits somewhere -
making outputs friendly to parse.

On Sat, Feb 05, 2022 at 08:09:02AM +0000, madmurphy wrote:
>    1. What do you think about the fact that I have named the new arguments
>    --printf, --dir-printf and --prop-printf? Do you think that alternative
>    names would be better?

Since %u %n etc now have a very different meaning from
what they mean in regular printf, I would rather just
call them --format, --dir-format and --prop-format.

>    5. Do you like the idea?

Yes.

> >   -F, --dir-format=DIRFORMAT write search results for directories according
> >   -f, --format=FORMAT        write search results according to FORMAT, where

Oh, you already had it that way.