gnuspeech-contact

[gnuspeech-contact] status of gnuspeech

From: Lee Butterman
Subject: [gnuspeech-contact] status of gnuspeech
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:54:22 -0400

Hi, I was wondering about two things. First, I've never heard articulatory synthesis before, so I was wondering if you had any pre-synthesized examples just to demonstrate how it sounds. Secondly, what's the status of gnuspeech? Will there every be, say, an MBROLA-like interface, where you've got some detachable module that takes phonemes (along with tables/models of their positions in the mouth?) and then synthesizes speech?

Thanks so much,
Lee