gnuspeech-contact

Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Re: what's the status?

From: Lachlan Stuart
Subject: Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Re: what's the status?
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:03:23 +1300

After watching the list and working my way through reading the source with relative enthusiasm, I found it interesting that most people who work on GNUSpeech have noble motives.
My own interest in the project stems from my intent to become a game programmer. As far as I know, GNUSpeech is the only TTS application that (intends to) gives the ability to quickly change voices and accents without having to possess the desired voice and spend half a day in a studio recording diphones. My long-term goal is to get through the source and remake as much of the project as possible in platform-independant uniform-language(C++) code, but that is, of course, a very long term goal.

I was wondering if any attempts have already been made towards any of my efforts?

Regards,
Lachlan Stuart