gnuspeech-contact

[gnuspeech-contact] Re: Membership request for group Articulatory Speech

From: Rafa³ Pietruch
Subject: [gnuspeech-contact] Re: Membership request for group Articulatory Speech Synthesis
Date: 8 Sep 2008 13:37:13 +0200

Hi David,

Thank you for your e-mail, and I'm sorry for confusing. Of course I was looking
for sources, that I can use for some of my experiments, e.g. acoustic tube
modeling.

First I was looking for the code at: /sources/gnuspeech/gnuspeech/current,
unfortunately without success and I read somewhere that I need to be a group
member to use CVS.
Finally, after reading your e-mail I found it at /sources/gnuspeech/current :)

I found your project very interesting for my field of study.
I'm incorporating audio-video processing algorithms for analysis and
enhancement of laryngectomees speech.
If I have any question about your project I will contact you with pleasure.

Best regards
Rafal

> David Hill <address@hidden> napisał(a):
> Hi Rafal,
>
> As administrator of the gnuspeech project, I received your request
> for membership of the group.  You may not realise that it is not
> necessary to be a group member in order to download everything in the
> project CVS repository.  Group membership is intended for those who
> are actively involved in developing/maintaining the code and
> developing new modules, so that they can update the repository.
>
> For obvious reasons, we cannot simply allow new people we do not know
> to have the ability to change what is in the repository since we have
> no knowledge of their skills, abilities, goals, and experience.  If
> you do work on existing code and make improvements/additions, or if
> you come up with new modules related to what exists, or to the aims
> of the project then, after an assessment of your work, we would be in
> a position to admit you as a group member with repository change
> privileges.
>
> I greatly appreciate your interest in the work, and we are always
> short of good people to contribute to the considerable task of
> further development.
>
> I don't know how much of the web site you have explored but you
> should at least check out:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuspeech/
>
> (which is linked from the main page at: http://savannah.gnu.org/
> projects/gnuspeech as the first item under "Quick Overview.)
>
> It explains the structure and status of the project.  Under the third
> heading "Development Tools" you will find "- Browse Sources
> Repository" with which you can find current Macintosh Objective-C
> sources, as well as archival material from the NeXT implementation
> (the "TextToSpeech Kit" which was a fully functional commercially
> available real-time articulatory speech synthesis package for the
> NeXT.  With the demise of NeXT and its takeover by Apple, we put all
> the software and development tools into the gnuspeech project under a
> GPL so that it may be used freely under the terms of that licence by
> anyone).  We are currently developing a version that will compile and
> run under GNU/Linux GnuStep and on the Macintosh under OS X, using
> conditional compilation.  So far the main language development tool
> "Monet" has been ported to the Macintosh and the port of
> "Synthesizer" -- which provides an interactive means of using the
> basic tube model that emulates the vocal tract for study and database
> development is 80% complete.  "Monet" does allow arbitrary text to be
> spoken, using the inappropriately-named "Gnuspeech" pre-processor to
> convert the text to the input format required by "Monet".
>
> After "Synthesiser" is completed, the two most important tools for
> new language development ("Monet" and "Synthesizer" will be available
> at least for the Macintosh under OS X.  The GnuStep version is more
> of a problem as the audio output facilities for GnuStep are non-
> [...]

Panorama Internetu - prognoza pogody, poczta e-mail, SMS, wyszukiwarki: Gooru,
Anonser, serwisy: randki, ogl‚oszenia, wakacje, program TV, Kina,  muzyka, DVD,
newsy, inne.
http://www.panoramainternetu.pl/ (http://www.epf.pl/)